- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
The smart choice for protecting your identity.
PROTECTION | DETECTION | RESTORATION
Don't wait to become a victim of identity theft, get protected today. Get ID TheftSmart and let licensed investigators protect your identity, detect fraudulent activity, and restore your peace of mind in the event you fall victim to identity theft.
|Monitoring Service||Triple Credit Bureau Monitoring||Single Credit Bureau Monitoring||n/a|
|Features||ID Theft Consultation||ID Theft Consultation||ID Theft Consultation|
|ID Theft Restoration||ID Theft Restoration||ID Theft Restoration|
|ID Integrity Scan||ID Integrity Scan|
|Member Dashboard||Member Dashboard||Member Dashboard|
|Price||$10.00 monthly||$8.00 monthly||$2.00 Monthly|
- ID Theft Consultation
Counseling includes one-on-one consultation & advocacy on your behalf. They will not only resolve known issues, but can also proactively identify and resolve previously unknown identity theft events.
You do not have to be a victim of identity theft to benefit from counseling from one of Kroll’s Fraud Investigators. If you have a concern about your identity, you have access to assistance and consultation.
Here are some of the ways Kroll can assist and provide guidance:
- How to secure your financial transactions
- What are the best practices for consumer privacy
- Methods to protect your personal information while shopping and communicating online
- Provide insight for preventing identity theft
- What are your consumer rights under federal and state law in the United States
- How does a parent safeguard the identity of a child who is a minor
- Discuss how to effectively shield a recently deceased family member from identity theft
- Assist you in the event of a stolen/lost wallet
- What to do if you receive a data breach notification letter indicating your information was compromised
- Consult in the event you receive abusive or harassing debt collection communication as a result of a stolen identity
- Help with interpreting and analyzing your credit report and other consumer reports
- Credit Monitoring
Credit Monitoring will notify you of activity on your credit file.
An alert is provided when any one of the following activities is reported:
- New account openings
- Credit inquiries
- Payment delinquencies
- Public record changes
- Change of address
Alerts are provided on a daily basis from the reporting agency. Notification of no activity is delivered on a monthly basis.
Credit Specialists are available 5am-5pm Pacific Standard Time (PST), Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
- ID Integrity Scan
ID Integrity Scan is an early warning Online Fraud Detection service that performs regular searches of the Internet for your personal and financial information. If any suspicious activity is found, you will be immediately notified via email.
ID Integrity Scan allows you to:
- Monitor your name and Social Security numbers on millions of public records through a secure online registry
- Register personal identifying information such as address and credit card information to be found and removed from Internet directories at your discretion
- View the risk status of each tracked item on your personal Fraud Detection Dashboard
- Receive email alerts immediately if there is any change in the status of a tracked item
- ID Theft Restoration
Restoration includes confirming fraud, investigating, and identifying its starting point. Even if you have a credit monitoring service already in place, consider this: the Federal Trade Commission estimates that it will take 6 months, 200 hours, and $1500 to restore your identity once it has been stolen. Kroll's ID TheftSmart is the only place you will get a full-service restoration of your identity, saving you time, money, and headache.
You will be assigned a personal investigator, who will:
- Investigate known, unknown & potentially complicated trails of fraudulent activity
- Organize details of issues & explaining your rights
- Initiate credit freezes on your behalf
- Make phone calls on your behalf
- Issue fraud alerts with:
- All three national credit bureau: Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- US Postal Service (USPS)
- Prepare appropriate documentation on your behalf
- Member Dashboard
Once enrolled there are many services available on the secure Member Dashboard - www.account.idtheftsmart.com
- Alert Summary section provides access to all new credit alerts.
- Victim of Identity Theft section provides information on the unlimited consultation and restoration services provided by Kroll's licensed private investigators.
- Lost Something section provides assistance to address lost/stolen wallet/purse events.
- Reducing Junk section provides access to opt out lists and Do Not Call registries to reduce risk.
- Already a member...
If you are enrolled in ID TheftSmart and have questions or concerns regarding being the victim of identity theft you are encouraged to call Kroll’s Investigation and Restoration Center at 1-866-825-4605 for further analysis.
For username or password retrieval, please call 1-866-355-1044.
Kroll’s investigators are available from 7:00AM to 7:00PM CST, Monday-Friday, excluding major holidays.
- The Kroll Difference
Providing identity theft-related services since 1999, Kroll employs a team of experienced licensed investigators to provide consultation to anyone who needs assistance with an issue or suspects identity theft, and to perform the identity restoration required by victims of identity theft.
Kroll provides the most comprehensive consultation and restoration services in the industry.
A few things to note:
- You will work with a single licensed investigator as your point of contact during a restoration case. This individual will be in contact with you to update and advise you of progress.
- There is no limit to time spent with your licensed investigator to resolve complex restoration tasks. Your licensed investigator will not close a case until all resolvable issues have been addressed, or until you express satisfaction and request closure.
- Licensed investigators are, however, trained in resolution escalation techniques to speed the process along. This ensures that an identity theft victim’s issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- A licensed investigator will work to resolve any type of credit-related or non-credit-related identity theft (medical, criminal, minor, employment, etc.
What can a Kroll licensed investigator do for me?
Kroll’s experts are not just call center representatives who make suggestions or point a victim toward self-help resources. This is a team of licensed private investigators who are trained specifically in the task of consultation, many of whom have backgrounds in criminal justice, financial services, insurance and a host of other related areas. Kroll’s team has worked more than 10,000 restoration cases of all types, from simple financial fraud cases to more complex issues of medical and criminal identity theft.