- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
Checking your Accounts
Do you know what to do if you see unexplained charges on your bank statement?
First, don’t panic. We know there are a lot of concerns that arise when you see unexplained transactions on your account, but the good news is you can usually file a dispute. You just need to act fast.
The first thing to know is that not every mystery transaction on your account indicates a stolen identity. Usually these unknown transactions come from kids who made purchases online without their parents knowledge or many times people forget to cancel a subscription after a free trial period ends. However, if you suspect that you have fraud on your debt card, please call one of our bookkeepers as soon as possible. They are experts in fraud disputes and can get you a new debit card if needed.
While our bookkeeping staff is great, it’s important to note that it’s often faster to work directly with the merchant, Amazon or Google for example, to resolve the issue than it is to work through the Bank. Most of the time, the merchant can resolve the issue for you, either through a refund or other options based on their policies. Below is a list of contact information for some common online merchants. If the merchant is unable to help you, contact our bookkeeping department for your next best options.
Contact Information for Filing a Dispute with Common Online Retailers
If you have a charge to dispute from Amazon their toll free number is (888) 280-4331 and their customer support team is (866) 216-1072. Our customers have had great luck in getting their issues resolved relatively quickly with Amazon.
Pay Pal's customer service number is (888) 221-1161 or you can file a dispute online:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 180 calendar days of your purchase.
3. Click “Dispute a Transaction.”
4. Select item dispute.
Call Hulu’s customer service number at: (888) 265-6650
You will need to call their customer service number: (866) 579-7172 or you can live chat with them from their website.
There are several ways to contact the support team at Apple regarding iTunes charges:
• Call: (800) 275-2273
• Submit an Online Request: https://getsupport.apple.com/
• Live Chat can also be initiated from the link above
Google Play has a link for you to use to request a refund for accidental and unauthorized charges that are not fraud. Follow the instructions below.
- Login to your Google Play account: https://play.google.com/store/account
- Scroll down to "Order History" and find the order you want to return. If you don't see the order listed, you may have bought it on a different Google Account so check all of your accounts.
- To the right of the order, click "More"
- Select Request a refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." You'll then get an email with your refund decision. You’ll usually get this within 15 minutes, but it can take up to two business days.
If you have multiple refund requests, repeat these steps for each thing you bought.
It's important to notify the merchant as soon as you see an unexplained transaction, if too much time passes you may lose your opportunity to dispute the charges. If you suspect fraud or a stolen identity, you should contact a bookkeeper at 309-389-2551.