Glasford Bank can trace its roots back to July 15, 1900, when it opened with just two deposits. Originally known as Farmers and Traders Bank, it was located at the corner of Main and Hickory in a converted cigar factory. In 1905, the bank was relocated into a new brick building on the south side of Main Street. Farmers and Traders Bank closed and re-organized as Glasford Bank in 1932, and in October 1969, a house was moved to make room for what later became the current Glasford Bank site.
Through the years, the bank has continued to grow. The buildings and faces may have changed, but our commitment has not. From the days of the horse and buggy to today, our technology has expanded, allowing us to better service our customers and accommodate their busy lives. But though the equipment has changed, we are proud to continue our tradition of outstanding personal service, ensuring that our customers always know they are more than just a number to us.
We strive to meet our customers' needs and maintain a positive relationship with our neighbors. Bank president Robert A. Meyer attributes our success to the loyalty of community businesses, the diligence of the competent staff, and a management team that continues to bring new ideas and technology to the forefront.
Glasford Bank continues to be a strong force in the industry. We look forward to serving our community and the rest of Central Illinois for many years to come!