Power Plus Checking
Energize your balance with a shockingly high 2.00% APY*. This free high interest checking account earns a great rate without charging monthly fees or putting balance requirements on you.
But that's not all. You get ATM fee refunds too—it doesn't matter if you use ours or another bank's, in Glasford around Illinois, or anywhere else in the country!
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 0.25% APY* on amount of balance over $10,000**
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met**
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $20 per statement cycle)**
- Unlimited check writing
- No monthly fees
- No minimum balance
- Free Visa® Debit Card***
- Free online banking
- Bill pay available
- Free eStatements
- Free XPRESSLINE telephone banking
- $100 deposit to open
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
**Certain restrictions may apply, see a Customer Service Representative for more details.
***Requires credit approval.
Receiving the better rate and ATM fee refunds is easy! In fact, the qualifications are so easy, you're probably already doing them!
- Have at least 10 Debit Card purchases (excluding ATM transactions) post and clear per qualification cycle
- Receive E-statements each qualification cycle
- Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Auto Debit post and clear per qualification cycle
If you don't qualify in a given month, don't sweat it! You still earn our base rate of interest and pay no fees. And you can get the rewards back the very next cycle!
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of September 1, 2014. Minimum to open account is $100. Rate tiers are as follows: 2.00% APY applies to balances of $.01 - $10,000 and .25% APY applies to balances over $10,000 as long as qualifications are met each statement cycle. 0.05% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 2.00% - .25% APY as long as qualifications are met. ATM fee refunds up to $20 per cycle when qualifications are met. If you do not meet the qualifications per cycle, your account will still function as a free checking account and earn interest at the non-qualifying rate; however, it will not receive ATM refunds. Qualifications are as follows: 1) Have at least 10 Debit Card purchases (excluding ATM transactions) post and settle per qualification cycle, 2) Receive eStatements each qualification cycle, and 3) Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Auto Debit post and settle per qualification cycle. If after 60 days, we have not received verification that you are able to access and open your eStatement, your account will be changed to Regular Checking. Rates may change after the account is opened. No minimum balance required. No monthly service charge. Available to personal accounts only. Certain restrictions may apply. Member FDIC.
- Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I don't meet the qualifications one month?
• If there's a month you don't meet the qualifications, don't worry, there's no penalty and you still have a free checking account that earns interest. Plus, the next month you qualify you'll be back to earning higher interest and receiving ATM fee refunds (up to $20 per statement cycle).
How will I know if I meet the qualifications?
• There will be a message on your monthly statement stating if you have qualified or not.
Is Power Plus Checking insured?
• Yes. Power Plus Checking is fully backed by the FDIC.
Is this too good to be true?
• Not in the least! You qualify each month when you do things like: using your check card, receiving eStatements, and making an automatic payment or direct deposit. These activities help Glasford Bank save money, which we pass along to you.
Is there a minimum balance?
• No! That's one of the many great benefits of Power Plus Checking.
Do I still get checks with this account?
• Yes, you can still get and use checks as you would with any checking account. After opening your Power Plus Checking account, contact Glasford Bank for details on ordering your checks.
Will I be reimbursed for my ATM transactions after each withdrawal or at the end of month?
• Your nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $20 per statement cycle) occur at the end of each cycle.