Power Plus Checking
Energize your balance with a shockingly high 2.00% APY*. This free high interest checking account earns a great rate without charging monthly fees or putting balance requirements on you.
But that's not all. You get ATM fee refunds too—it doesn't matter if you use ours or another bank's, in Glasford around Illinois, or anywhere else in the country!
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 0.25% APY* on amount of balance over $10,000**
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met**
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $20 per statement cycle)**
- Unlimited check writing
- No monthly fees
- No minimum balance
- Free Visa® Debit Card***
- Free online banking
- Bill pay available
- Free eStatements
- Free XPRESSLINE telephone banking
- $100 deposit to open
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
**Certain restrictions may apply, see a Customer Service Representative for more details.
***Requires credit approval.
Receiving the better rate and ATM fee refunds is easy! In fact, the qualifications are so easy, you're probably already doing them!
- Have at least 10 Debit Card purchases (excluding ATM transactions) post and clear per qualification cycle
- Receive E-statements each qualification cycle
- Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Auto Debit post and clear per qualification cycle
If you don't qualify in a given month, don't sweat it! You still earn our base rate of interest and pay no fees. And you can get the rewards back the very next cycle!
* Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of January 17, 2013. Rate tiers are as follows: 2.00% APY applies to balances of $.01– $10,000 and 0.25% APY applies to balances over $10,000 as long as qualifications are met each statement cycle. 0.05% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 2.00%–.25% APY as long as qualifications are met. ATM fee refunds up to $20 per cycle when qualifications are met. Qualifications are as follows: 1) Have at least 10 Debit Card purchases (excluding ATM transactions) post and clear per qualification cycle, 2) Receive eStatements each qualification cycle, and 3) Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Auto Debit post and clear per qualification cycle. Rates may change after the account is opened. Minimum to open account is $100. No minimum balance required. No monthly service charge. APY and ATM refund will be credited at the end of each statement cycle. Available to personal accounts only. Certain restrictions may apply, see a Customer Service Representative for more details. Member FDIC.
- Frequently Asked Questions
How do I deposit money?
• Use Direct Deposit for your payroll or government checks; this gives you instant access to your funds without having to visit a branch. Many employers and most government agencies offer this free service. If your employer does offer Direct Deposit, great! They'll have you fill out a simple form and you'll be good to go.
• Mail your checks to Glasford Bank.
How do I access my money?
• Shortly after opening a Power Plus Checking account, Glasford Bank sends you a free Visa® debit card. Use this card anywhere that accepts Visa® .
• If you'd still like to use paper checks, just contact Glasford Bank to get set up.
• Power Plus Checking also has free online banking. With online banking, you can access your account from anywhere you have an Internet connection. View account activity, transfer funds between accounts and confirm deposit amounts.
How do I check my balance?
• Glasford Bank offers free online banking with 24-hour access to your account information.
• Contact Glasford Bank at 1-888-389-2551 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to assist you.
What if I need to talk to someone at the institution?
• Simply call Glasford Bank at 1-888-389-2551 or email us at email@example.com and we'll provide the same great customer service you get when you visit one of our branches.
What happens if I don't meet the qualifications one month?
• If there's a month you don't meet the qualifications, don't worry, there's no penalty and you still have a free checking account that earns interest. Plus, the next month you qualify you'll be back to earning higher interest and receiving ATM fee refunds (up to $20 per statement cycle).
How will I know if I meet the qualifications?
• Glasford Bank sends you an email at the end of each qualification cycle that lets you know if you met the qualifications.
Is Power Plus Checking insured?
• Yes. Power Plus Checking is fully backed by the FDIC.
Is this too good to be true?
• Not in the least! You qualify each month when you do things like: using your check card, receiving eStatements, and making an automatic payment or direct deposit. These activities help Glasford Bank save money, which we pass along to you.
Is there a minimum balance?
• No! That's one of the many great benefits of Power Plus Checking.
Do I still get checks with this account?
• Yes, you can still get and use checks as you would with any checking account. After opening your Power Plus Checking account, contact Glasford Bank for details on ordering your checks.
Will I be reimbursed for my ATM transactions after each withdrawal or at the end of month?
• Your nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $20 per statement cycle) occur at the end of each cycle.